Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Blistering Blog

I'm going to keep this short. This past weekend my friend Michelle, her sister's dog Marley, and i went for a Saturday slog up Hamilton Mountain in Washington. The hike was a steady 8mile loop that gained 2400 feet elevation in 4 miles and lost the same on the way back down. I'm getting ready for my multi-day i have planned with Greg and the pups (and a tenative Russell) at the end of July. Have a new pair of boots that are in need of a serious breaking in, however, my feet are what's getting broken. Both my heels came away from the hike with 1/2 dollar sized blisters. Fortunately, my soccer boots took care of opening those blisters up Monday night. Enough words, here are the pictures from our hike (and a few words).

Looking out into the gorge and out onto Beacon Rock.

Pool of Winds.

Ditto.

Lower section of Rodney Falls.

Looking east into the gorge.

Table Rock to the left and Mt. Adams to the right.

Ditto.


The trail back down with the tip of Mt. Hood peeking over the south wall of the gorge.

No comments: